Thread: dbEditParams EditValidateName

Lilly Guest

dbEditParams EditValidateName

I need an example using EditValidateName...
    HELP! THX

John Guest

dbEditParams EditValidateName (reply)

Hi Lilly,

I have an OLD ASP-db Pro example that uses the EditValidate function. Is that what you're after? You're welcome to look at it and see if it helps. It's at: http://208.196.181.86/properties/EDT-06.asp?ID=EDT-06

Hope it helps,
    John

------------
    Lilly at 5/10/01 7:24:22 PM

HELP! THX

Lilly Guest

Hi John,

Thanks for the information. I looked at it but the thing is that I have a function that I would like to use. It looks for the name of the field in the form that starts with "required" and evaluates that. I wanted to know how I could change the name of my form field to do this. I am using namemap and from what I understand, the name of the field must match that in the SQL table. I would greatly appreciate any help you could offer ASAP.
    Thanks!!!

------------
    John at 5/11/01 3:03:42 AM

Hi Lilly,

I have an OLD ASP-db Pro example that uses the EditValidate function. Is that what you're after? You're welcome to look at it and see if it helps. It's at: http://208.196.181.86/properties/EDT-06.asp?ID=EDT-06

Hope it helps,
    John

------------

HELP! THX

John Guest

Hi Lilly,

You're right. The names of the fields on the ASP-db forms are not changeable as that's how we know which field to update when the SQL Update/Insert command is executed.

Best bet is to modify your function. FWIW, did you try and use the SELECT fieldx AS newname, and/or dbNameMap to do the rename of the fields? I guess that might possibly be a way to change the names. You can certainly give it a try.

Thanks,
    John

------------
    Lilly at 5/11/01 12:35:49 PM

Hi John,

Thanks for the information. I looked at it but the thing is that I have a function that I would like to use. It looks for the name of the field in the form that starts with "required" and evaluates that. I wanted to know how I could change the name of my form field to do this. I am using namemap and from what I understand, the name of the field must match that in the SQL table. I would greatly appreciate any help you could offer ASAP.
    Thanks!!!

------------
    John at 5/11/01 3:03:42 AM

Hi Lilly,

Hope it helps,
    John

------------

HELP! THX