Thread: SQL Server behind a firewall is not responding to MTS Server.

william Guest

SQL Server behind a firewall is not responding to MTS Server.

Hi all,
    I am developing a 3-tier web app (IIS, MTS, SQLServer7). My problem is SQL Server 7 is not responding to MTS Server when there is a firewall in between.
    However, when the firewall is removed, everything works fine, therefore I think the problem is not caused by the code.
    I am very sure that port 1433 (the default port used by SQL7) is open in the firewall.

Please help because I am stuck with this problem for weeks and really stressed out.

Thanks in advance.
    William

John Guest

SQL Server behind a firewall is not responding to MTS Server. (reply)

Hi William,

Go to the SQL forum's on this site and ask again. There's some real SQL gurus out here that might have solved your problem already.

Thanks,
    John

------------
    william at 4/23/01 9:46:49 PM

Hi all,
    I am developing a 3-tier web app (IIS, MTS, SQLServer7). My problem is SQL Server 7 is not responding to MTS Server when there is a firewall in between.
    However, when the firewall is removed, everything works fine, therefore I think the problem is not caused by the code.
    I am very sure that port 1433 (the default port used by SQL7) is open in the firewall.

Please help because I am stuck with this problem for weeks and really stressed out.

Thanks in advance.
    William