Thread: Memory lag problem

Steven Overson Guest

Memory lag problem

In one place on my web site, I give the user a form where they can specify various details about how the ASPdb grid will be displayed. When they click the Submit button, the site then displays the grid according to their selections. The problem I am having is when a user follows this sequence:

1) The user selects Download from the grid controls and downloads the page
    2) The uses then uses the back button to return to the grid setup form--usually to change one or more settings
    3) The user then clicks the Submit button to regenerate the form.

What I would expect to happen is that the form would be redisplayed with their new settings. But what actually happens is that the Download dialog box pops up and allows them to go through the download procedure. When I debug into the code, it seems to be setting everything up correctly. So it looks like ASPdb is using it's own session variables to determine how to display (or download) the page. Is there a way for me to programmatically reset the grid so that it will display correctly for the user?

I am using ASPdb Pro from 2/9/2001.

Thanks,
    Steven

John Guest

Memory lag problem (reply)

Hi Steven,

Sounds like you need dbReset! It was created for situations just like yours.

You need to wrap the call to dbReset inside your ASP code and ONLY call it when you want it to "Start Over" and act as if its coming in for the first time.

Hope this helps!
    John

------------
    Steven Overson at 5/7/01 2:13:50 PM

In one place on my web site, I give the user a form where they can specify various details about how the ASPdb grid will be displayed. When they click the Submit button, the site then displays the grid according to their selections. The problem I am having is when a user follows this sequence:

1) The user selects Download from the grid controls and downloads the page
    2) The uses then uses the back button to return to the grid setup form--usually to change one or more settings
    3) The user then clicks the Submit button to regenerate the form.

What I would expect to happen is that the form would be redisplayed with their new settings. But what actually happens is that the Download dialog box pops up and allows them to go through the download procedure. When I debug into the code, it seems to be setting everything up correctly. So it looks like ASPdb is using it's own session variables to determine how to display (or download) the page. Is there a way for me to programmatically reset the grid so that it will display correctly for the user?

I am using ASPdb Pro from 2/9/2001.

Thanks,
    Steven