Thread: how to retreive data read by ASPDB?

Ivan Belov Guest

how to retreive data read by ASPDB?

Hi all,

I want to build additinal navagation with list of records retreived by ASPDB View component. But when I tryed to access dbRecordset property it gives me

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a01c2'

Wrong number of arguments or invalid property assignment: 'adb.dbRecordset'

I also found out that dbRecordset property is working when you create recordset by yourself (do common routines like opening connection, executing SQL statement) and specify if as data source for ASPDB.

Is that correct and is there a way to retreive data read by ASPDB without creating your external recordset?

Thank you.

/Ivan Belov/

Ivan Belov Guest

how to retreive data read by ASPDB? (reply)

I've just tried to use dbExportFlds property for that purpose but is seems like it writes only one single field into session var. Meanwhile I need the list of all the fields in specific column.

How would I do that?

/Ivan Belov/

------------
    Ivan Belov at 5/10/01 10:28:20 AM

Hi all,

I want to build additinal navagation with list of records retreived by ASPDB View component. But when I tryed to access dbRecordset property it gives me

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a01c2'

Wrong number of arguments or invalid property assignment: 'adb.dbRecordset'

I also found out that dbRecordset property is working when you create recordset by yourself (do common routines like opening connection, executing SQL statement) and specify if as data source for ASPDB.

Is that correct and is there a way to retreive data read by ASPDB without creating your external recordset?

Thank you.

/Ivan Belov/