Thread: If statements within ASPDB Pro

Stuart Paice Guest

If statements within ASPDB Pro

hi, within my code i have can have request from another page which may assign an ID to apply a search on the SQL query. i can also access this page from another tab which should select all ID's in that database.

what i am trying to achive is to apply a if statement where ASPDB gets the SQL query and apply code like

request("request_ID&#34 = LOCALID

if request("request_ID&#34 = NULL then
    SQL = "SELECT * FROM database_table
    ELSE
    SQL = "SELECT * FROM database_table WHERE ID = LOCALID"
    END IF

MyDb.dbSQL = sq

is this correct if not the IF Statement is not selecting correctly can anyone help

thank you
    Stuart

John Guest

If statements within ASPDB Pro (reply)

Hi Stuart,

You're on the right track. It should be more like this:

If Requst(&#34;request_id&#34 <> &#34;&#34; Then
    Session(&#34;request_id_sql&#34 = &#34; WHERE ID = &#34; & Request(&#34;request_ID&#34
    End If

SQL = &#34;SELECT * FROM database_table&#34; & Session(&#34;request_id_sql&#34

x.dbSQL = SQL

What this does is grab the request_id off the URL if it&#39;s there. It stores it in a session variable. If not there, then it uses the one from when it was passed previously. This is necessary because if the user hits the &#34;next&#34; button for example, the URL will change and the ID will be gone. If you don&#39;t save it, when hitting next, you get a different SQL and are all messed up.

It then either appends a null string (the default session(request_id_sql)) or the previously passed ID file with the where condition to the usual SQL statement.

Hope this helps,
    John

------------
    Stuart Paice at 2/4/2002 7:53:07 PM

hi, within my code i have can have request from another page which may assign an ID to apply a search on the SQL query. i can also access this page from another tab which should select all ID&#39;s in that database.

what i am trying to achive is to apply a if statement where ASPDB gets the SQL query and apply code like

request(&#34;request_ID&#34 = LOCALID

if request(&#34;request_ID&#34 = NULL then
    SQL = &#34;SELECT * FROM database_table
    ELSE
    SQL = &#34;SELECT * FROM database_table WHERE ID = LOCALID&#34;
    END IF

MyDb.dbSQL = sq

is this correct if not the IF Statement is not selecting correctly can anyone help

thank you
    Stuart