Thread: Out of Memory

Dan Hendricks Guest

Out of Memory

About every two days we have to stop MS DTC and restart it from the Microsoft Transaction Server console because we get Out of Memory message on our ASBdb pages. We have put the newest DLL on the server. Please advise.

Thanks,
    Dan

John Guest

Out of Memory (reply)

Hi Dan,

Been running it for months here with no problem. Are you running it as a library or server application? Hopefully server (so it won't affect anything else). Next, I'd check to make sure you're up-to-date on your ODBC drivers and service packs. Maybe there's a leak in your ODBC driver that's showing up when ASPdb calls it. What db are you using and what o/s, etc?

Thanks,
    John

------------
    Dan Hendricks at 1/24/2002 5:03:42 PM

About every two days we have to stop MS DTC and restart it from the Microsoft Transaction Server console because we get Out of Memory message on our ASBdb pages. We have put the newest DLL on the server. Please advise.

Thanks,
    Dan

Frank Kwong Guest

Out of Memory (reply)

Another recommendation is to use versions after September. Check the bu/patch log. There was a fix in memory leak as reported by an UK user and after the patch (manually closing lose ends) all went fine.

FK

------------
    John at 1/25/2002 1:07:48 AM

Hi Dan,

Been running it for months here with no problem. Are you running it as a library or server application? Hopefully server (so it won't affect anything else). Next, I'd check to make sure you're up-to-date on your ODBC drivers and service packs. Maybe there's a leak in your ODBC driver that's showing up when ASPdb calls it. What db are you using and what o/s, etc?

Thanks,
    John

------------

Thanks,
    Dan

Dan Hendricks Guest

Out of Memory (reply)

We are running on Windows NT 4.0 w/SP6. ODBC connetions to Access DBs. What do you mean Manually closing lose ends?

------------
    Frank Kwong at 1/25/2002 1:32:02 AM

Another recommendation is to use versions after September. Check the bu/patch log. There was a fix in memory leak as reported by an UK user and after the patch (manually closing lose ends) all went fine.

FK

------------
    John at 1/25/2002 1:07:48 AM

Hi Dan,

Thanks,
    John

------------

Thanks,
    Dan

Frank Kwong Guest

Out of Memory (reply)

We have to do that to the www.aspdb.com once in a while until after the September version. It ran until NOW with no reboot. With the large amount of examples on it plus the download, this double 850 and 1GB memory server is holding up pretty good. I thought that was your problem also. send me your ID file and I'll make sure you have the latest. Are you running W2K ?

FK

------------

Thanks,
    Dan