Thread: Grant Permissions in all user databases

Markus Bohse Guest

Grant Permissions in all user databases

Hello together,

can anybody help me. I'm looking for an easy way to grant permissions to a user in all user databases. I already have a script which grants permission to all views and userdefined tables within one database, but since I have to run it in about 100 databases it's still quite timeconsuming.
    Is there a way to execute that script in all user databases at once ???

Markus

Jim W Guest

Grant Permissions in all user databases (reply)

Have you considered editing the user's login and giving the user a group access to each db? If the user needs public access, give him public access to each. Much better than setting rights for each object in each database.

Also, you could run the master sp's to create the groups in each db, and then add the user to each db. Then run your script for each db to grant access to the group for each object. From then on, any time you want to add a user to one or more db, just add them to the group for any or all db's.

------------
    Markus Bohse at 1/19/01 9:59:10 AM

Hello together,

can anybody help me. I'm looking for an easy way to grant permissions to a user in all user databases. I already have a script which grants permission to all views and userdefined tables within one database, but since I have to run it in about 100 databases it's still quite timeconsuming.

Markus

Markus Bohse Guest

Grant Permissions in all user databases (reply)

Hi Jim

Thanks for your reply. Of course I could create a group and add it to each database, but that wouldn't really solve the problem since I would still need to run the script for each database separately and that's exactly the part I try to avoid.

Markus

------------
    Jim W at 1/19/01 11:32:48 AM

Have you considered editing the user's login and giving the user a group access to each db? If the user needs public access, give him public access to each. Much better than setting rights for each object in each database.

Also, you could run the master sp's to create the groups in each db, and then add the user to each db. Then run your script for each db to grant access to the group for each object. From then on, any time you want to add a user to one or more db, just add them to the group for any or all db's.

------------
    Markus Bohse at 1/19/01 9:59:10 AM

Hello together,

Markus