Thread: Replication with 6.5 - Error: 08001 SQL Server not found.

Kevin G. Guest

Replication with 6.5 - Error: 08001 SQL Server not found.

I have set up replication on two SQL Servers (6.5), SP5a, on NT 4.0 (SP3). The Distribution Task is failing with the following error:

08001[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][dbnmpntw]Specified SQL Server not found.

I am using standard security in a workgroup environment. I have my trusted connection setup and I am using named pipes. I had this process working on our test servers but when I tried to implement it into production I received the above message.

One thing I noticed is that in the SQL EM on the Publisher I am not able to register to the Subscriber unless I use an Advance Connection with TCPIP Sockets in the Client Configuration Utility. The same applies in the SQL EM on the Subscriber I am not able to register to the Publisher unless I use an Advance Connection with TCPIP Sockets in the Client Configuration Utility. Please give me some advice. Thanks.

Kevin G. Guest

Replication with 6.5 - Error: 08001 SQL Server not found. (reply)

I have since discovered that the Publishing Server is set up in a workgroup and the Subscribing Server is set up in a Domain. I think this is causing my problem. Do you agree?

------------
    Kevin G. at 3/5/00 10:30:53 AM

I have set up replication on two SQL Servers (6.5), SP5a, on NT 4.0 (SP3). The Distribution Task is failing with the following error:

08001[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][dbnmpntw]Specified SQL Server not found.

I am using standard security in a workgroup environment. I have my trusted connection setup and I am using named pipes. I had this process working on our test servers but when I tried to implement it into production I received the above message.

One thing I noticed is that in the SQL EM on the Publisher I am not able to register to the Subscriber unless I use an Advance Connection with TCPIP Sockets in the Client Configuration Utility. The same applies in the SQL EM on the Subscriber I am not able to register to the Publisher unless I use an Advance Connection with TCPIP Sockets in the Client Configuration Utility. Please give me some advice. Thanks.

Ray Miao Guest

Replication with 6.5 - Error: 08001 SQL Server not found. (reply)

Create a common id with same pwd on both servers and put it into local administrators group, then use security manager to grant local administrators group sa rights. Register sql server with this id and try again.

------------
    Kevin G. at 3/5/00 11:07:19 AM

I have since discovered that the Publishing Server is set up in a workgroup and the Subscribing Server is set up in a Domain. I think this is causing my problem. Do you agree?

------------
    Kevin G. at 3/5/00 10:30:53 AM