Thread: xp_sendmail

sailaja Guest

xp_sendmail

Hi,

I am using xp_sendmail in a stored procedure.I need to update the fields after the mail sent. Is there a way to capture the errors or server messages that occurs. I am using the following code.....

select @myquery= 'Execute LeadDistribution..sp_sendmailB ' + convert(char,@AssToID) /*calling the sp_sendmailB procedure */

execute master.dbo.xp_sendmail @recipients='lakshmip@oasisnetwork.com', @message='Leads Information',@query=@myquery

Select @send_Mail=@@Error

If @send_Mail=0
    Begin
    update MasterleadPool /*Updates the MasterleadPool table once the mail sent */
    Set EmailSent='Y', Dateout=getdate()
    where AssToID=@AssToID and EmailSent='N' and AssToFlag='Y'
    End

I used @@error to capture the error but it does'nt work. I got server message as follows.... So the problem is it should'nt go to update statement if there is any type of errors in sending a mail..

Server: Msg 17903, Level 18, State 1, Line 0
    MAPI login failure.

(1 row(s) affected)

Please help me if anyone knows....

Thanks,
    Sailaja

Jeff Putnam Guest

xp_sendmail (reply)

MAPI login failure generally means that SQLMail isn't logging in to the right account, or using the right password. Right click SQLMail in enterprise manager and select properties... then make sure it's actually using the right profile.

------------
    sailaja at 3/27/01 12:53:57 PM

Hi,

I am using xp_sendmail in a stored procedure.I need to update the fields after the mail sent. Is there a way to capture the errors or server messages that occurs. I am using the following code.....

select @myquery= 'Execute LeadDistribution..sp_sendmailB ' + convert(char,@AssToID) /*calling the sp_sendmailB procedure */

execute master.dbo.xp_sendmail @recipients='lakshmip@oasisnetwork.com', @message='Leads Information',@query=@myquery

Select @send_Mail=@@Error

If @send_Mail=0
    Begin
    update MasterleadPool /*Updates the MasterleadPool table once the mail sent */
    Set EmailSent='Y', Dateout=getdate()
    where AssToID=@AssToID and EmailSent='N' and AssToFlag='Y'
    End

I used @@error to capture the error but it does'nt work. I got server message as follows.... So the problem is it should'nt go to update statement if there is any type of errors in sending a mail..

Server: Msg 17903, Level 18, State 1, Line 0
    MAPI login failure.

(1 row(s) affected)

Please help me if anyone knows....

Thanks,
    Sailaja