Thread: SQL Mail problem in SQL 2005.

SQL Mail problem in SQL 2005.

Hi,

I'm running SQL 2005 on win 2003 server and I'm processing incoming emails through SQL Mail using procedures like xp_findnextmsg, xp_readmail. All was working fine for about one month and suddenly SQL server stopped processing emails
    I tried restarting the SQL server then SQL Agent, Stopped the mail session using xp_stopmail but when tried to restart comes up with an error message
    "
    Msg 17930, Level 16, State 1, Line 0
    xp_startmail: Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill the messaging request. Please run Microsoft Outlook and set it as the default mail client. "

Also when I right-click SQL Mail->properties it comes with the below error message

Cannot show requested dialog.

Additional information:
    If a stored procedure could not be found.SQL Mail may not be installed in the instance.
    (SqlManagerUI)

xp_get_mapi_profiles: Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill the messaging request. Please run Microsoft Outlook and set it as the default mail client.
    (Microsoft SQL Server, Error:17930)

I know for sure that Outlook has been installed and configured as the default MAPI client and SQL Mail procedures were enabled as everything was working fine.

Can anybody help me on this please.

Regards,
    joseph.

Sqlmail dll maybe corrupted, try reregister it.

Sorry I couldnt find SQLmail.dll is it possible to give me the exact dll name, thanks.

Try sqlmap90.dll.

Tried to unregister and re-register using regsvr32 but comes up an error saying sqlmap90.dll was loaded, but dll register server entry point was not found. This file can not be registered. Is there any other way of doing this.