Thread: A little help!

A little help!

EXPERT,

I am trying to have my form auto complete (fill) EMP ID# or Name depending on which one you know; also, the seniority base on the selection of EMP ID# or Name. I am at a lost on how to build the SQL statement for each condition I am trying to accomplish please help. The below statement work in the form and allow me to select each field separately however I would like it to auto complete.

EMP ID#: SELECT ALPHA_LIST.EmpID, ALPHA_LIST.Key FROM ALPHA_LIST ORDER BY ALPHA_LIST.EmpID;

Name: SELECT ALPHA_LIST.NAME FROM ALPHA_LIST ORDER BY ALPHA_LIST.EmpID;

Seniority Date: SELECT ALPHA_LIST.[AAM DATE] FROM ALPHA_LIST ORDER BY ALPHA_LIST.[AAM DATE] DESC;

Paul T. Demrose

Phone: (313) 758-2145

sTILL NEED A LITTLE HELP!

eXPERTS,
    sTILL NEED A LITTLE HELP!

pAUL

Further Details?

Are you trying to assemble a script to provide parameterization support / picklists, to populate the end dataset(s) themselves, or both?

A little more detail re: the intended objective / business requirement would be useful in helping us to help further ...

Thanks.

Bill

A little more information

Bill,
    If I understand your question correctly, my main objective is if from the pick list under EMP ID I make a selection of employee identification, then I would want the name field and the seniority fields to auto fill based on my selection of the EMP ID. The other variable is if I do not know the EMP ID I would use the Name from the pick list, then I would want the EMP ID field and the seniority fields to auto fill based on my selection of the Name.

Did I answer your question?

Thanks,
    Paul

Oracle Consulting, Oracle Development

Quote Originally Posted by DEMROSP
    EXPERT,

I am trying to have my form auto complete (fill) EMP ID# or Name depending on which one you know; also, the seniority base on the selection of EMP ID# or Name. I am at a lost on how to build the SQL statement for each condition I am trying to accomplish please help. The below statement work in the form and allow me to select each field separately however I would like it to auto complete.

EMP ID#: SELECT ALPHA_LIST.EmpID, ALPHA_LIST.Key FROM ALPHA_LIST ORDER BY ALPHA_LIST.EmpID;

Name: SELECT ALPHA_LIST.NAME FROM ALPHA_LIST ORDER BY ALPHA_LIST.EmpID;

Seniority Date: SELECT ALPHA_LIST.[AAM DATE] FROM ALPHA_LIST ORDER BY ALPHA_LIST.[AAM DATE] DESC;

Paul T. Demrose

Phone: (313) 758-2145

hey there,
    i m a completing my computer science studies & i tried alot to find a solution to ur problem but still... im no expert

the only help that i can giv u z dat u can visit oracleplace.com & it'll provide u lot of help.. i've been using their assistance in all my projects.. they provide really good material as well as oracle consulting

good luck
    bubye