Thread: Report Filtering

Cool Report Filtering

I am trying to display information in a report, this information comes from two tables- 1.Album; 2.Artist, the relationship is a one to many. I also created a Main_Form and a sub_form, the master/child links works O.K. A report was created based on the ("qryArtistAlbum" query) which is also the control source for the subform, and the report was linked to a Preview Report button on the Mainform. When I click the "preview report" button on the Main_Form the whole report is generated for all records in the subform, what I want displayed is only the information for a particular record?
    Like- Sort- Album by Artist

output-
    strArtistName- Scorpions
    1. Pure Instinct
    2. Crazy World

ssspicky

Please see attachment - Sample database
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thumbs up Report Filtering

ssspicky

You can not use the same query for the form and report. The report must reference the artist.

I have added a new query called qry_View_Album_by_Artist and used this as the record source for your report1

Have a look at the query etc and contact me if you require more information.
    Allan

I see! I have to include -" [forms]![frmView_Album_by_Artist]![strartistname] " in the query - "qry_View_Album_by_Artist" under "strArtistName" criteria section link this query to the report. Thanks a lot. I would also like to generate more than than one report in a list box or drop down combobox so the user can choose which filtered report they would like for example 1. Report sorted Acending by Artist
    2. Report sorted Decending by Artist
    or maybe 3. Report sorted by strGenreDescription (to be included in one of the reports)
    I would create these reports and try and do the stuff above.
    The database I am creating is for the Ministry of Agriculture, Trinidad & Tobago Caribbean "pest and Diseases" database with regard to quarantine. I'm advancing one step at a time.
    Thanks
    D.L.Vine
    MALMR

Report Filtering

You could use a drop down for the user to select a report type. I personally use an option group that allows to click on their selection.

I have attached an updated version of your database, open up frm_rpt_artists this will give you some ideas etc.

Contact me if require more information etc.
    Allan

I will give it a go!
    Thanks

Angry Object Manipulation on form

Thanks for the help regarding the Reports.
    Could you help me to do the following in the attached database:

1.Select a Photo and click "copy to clipboard button" (this is needed for pasting to, say MSWord.
    2.Select Add record button (to add new record) then select the object box and then click "Insert Image" to locate the file in the computer
    3. Double click a picture and let the picture open in a specific program eg. Windows photo and Fax viewer or Adobe Photoshop.
    is this possible?
    Please note i did not insert the photo in the form because the database amounts to more than the allocated file size of 100kb when i do.
    Thanks
    D.L.Vine