Thread: Splash Screen with hidden 'run query'

Splash Screen with hidden 'run query'

My db has a splash screen with a timer of 5seconds. What I want to happen is have it run a query 'on exit' (when the timer is over) and then prompt the user for action. When the form closes and the query is run, the message box will say, "There are X number of overdue tasks. Would you like to display them? [yes / no]" Clicking "yes" will open the form, frmReminder, with the data in a list box. Clicking "no" will take the user past this and onto the main menu form.

What the query does is find records that are over 7 days old and displays them in a listbox on a form, frmReminder. What I am trying to do, as stated in a previous post is to have the user click on 1 of 3 command buttons. These command buttons do the following:

1. "Print ALL Task (summary)"; prints all tasks in a summary report with just the data that is displayed in the listbox of: Task_ID, TaskDescription, Status, DateOriginated, DaysOverdue

2. "Print Selected Tasks Individually"; prints all the selected tasks (user uses 'ctrl' key to select multiple tasks just like in windows) and then prints out the selected records on the original report, rptTask, with all data of those records.

3. "Main Menu"; puts the user back to the main menu **this already works, I know how to do this**.

I think I'll have to 'call a procedure to run the query, qryReminders' but don't know if I'm right , how to write what I want it to do , or where to put it?

Splash Screen

Attached is a sample database
    1. the splash screen closes after 5 seconds
    2. A reminder form is opened and the splash screen closes
    3. A message box is displayed
    4. If YES is selected a list box and the buttons are displayed, if NO is selected a message box is displayed and the form closes.

Because I do not have your query etc I am unable to populate your query. If would like some assistance please send me a copy of your database to my email address below.

The Splash screen is frm_splash.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Allan