Thread: DTS jobs reports success, but does nothing

Michael Guest

DTS jobs reports success, but does nothing

09:18 8/8/2001
    There seems to be an endless series of questions about scheduling DTS jobs, and they never get satisfactorily answered or documented anywhere, so thousands of dollars must get wasted daily, with DBAs fiddling and flailing around...

After I somehow fixed the problem in SQL7, we installed a $30,000 SQL2000 (as a 2nd instance) and the problem is back!

Now, if you can get it to refresh, the job says it succeeds, but spends absolutely no time doing any work (it normally might take 25 minutes to complete one particular job) and of course, nothing has actually been imported.

There does not seem to be any problem with any accounts, or their permissions. I'm at wits end.

Michael

Craig Guest

DTS jobs reports success, but does nothing (reply)

Run Profiler trace on it and see what is going on.

------------
    Michael at 8/8/01 7:00:54 PM

09:18 8/8/2001
    There seems to be an endless series of questions about scheduling DTS jobs, and they never get satisfactorily answered or documented anywhere, so thousands of dollars must get wasted daily, with DBAs fiddling and flailing around...

After I somehow fixed the problem in SQL7, we installed a $30,000 SQL2000 (as a 2nd instance) and the problem is back!

Now, if you can get it to refresh, the job says it succeeds, but spends absolutely no time doing any work (it normally might take 25 minutes to complete one particular job) and of course, nothing has actually been imported.

There does not seem to be any problem with any accounts, or their permissions. I'm at wits end.

Michael