Thread: Can't set up Subsriber. . . ,

sheenah Guest

Can't set up Subsriber. . . ,

When I try to configure a remote subscriber on 6.5, I continuously get this error: 'Unable to connect to site 'SERVER' because login failed.'
    This happens on the window from the 'Enable Subscribing from these servers' on the subscribing server.
    Please provide some help asap. Thank you very much.

Ray Miao Guest

Can't set up Subsriber. . . , (reply)

Replication uses trusted connection, ensure you use named pipes on both publisher and subscriber.

------------
    sheenah at 6/9/00 12:37:20 PM

When I try to configure a remote subscriber on 6.5, I continuously get this error: 'Unable to connect to site 'SERVER' because login failed.'
    This happens on the window from the 'Enable Subscribing from these servers' on the subscribing server.

sheenah Guest

Can't set up Subsriber. . . , (reply)

Thanks for your reply, Ray. I'm a bit of a novice on Repl. Here is my situation: Both servers are using Named Pipes.
    MSSQL Server and SQLExec using the same start-up acct on both machines. Sql 6.5, sp5a.
    What mode does SQL Server need to be (Mixed?)
    And does the Security Mgr need to grant sa rights?
    What acct is it using to communicate (SQLExec)?
    Thanks, again

------------
    Ray Miao at 6/9/00 4:24:49 PM

Replication uses trusted connection, ensure you use named pipes on both publisher and subscriber.

------------
    sheenah at 6/9/00 12:37:20 PM