Thread: Device Problem

Jane Guest

Device Problem

Hi,
    I am trying to take a dump on to a disk with one of device A..its a transaction log dump every 15 minuter with no init and from the
    same device which is connected to my standy server i am doing the load, the time diffrence is 15 minutes between standy and
    production in terms of dump and load i am getting this error very frequently the device is offline the message is
    "Can't open dump device 'j:ABC.DAT', device error or device off line.
    Please consult the SQL Server error log for more details. (Message 3201)"

Now can this error come when the dump and load is happing at the same time tru the same device...???????

Can their be a way to control all this...??

Replies will be appreciated

Ray Miao Guest

Device Problem (reply)

You should finish dumping before you can load the dump. Check your schedule and don't let dump and load happen at same time.

------------
    Jane at 7/24/00 4:06:46 PM

Hi,
    I am trying to take a dump on to a disk with one of device A..its a transaction log dump every 15 minuter with no init and from the
    same device which is connected to my standy server i am doing the load, the time diffrence is 15 minutes between standy and
    production in terms of dump and load i am getting this error very frequently the device is offline the message is

Now can this error come when the dump and load is happing at the same time tru the same device...???????

Ray Miao Guest

Device Problem (reply)

You should finish dumping before you can load the dump. Check your schedule and don't let dump and load happen at same time.

------------
    Jane at 7/24/00 4:06:46 PM

Hi,