Thread: DTS Designer gives error when it starts

DaveS Guest

DTS Designer gives error when it starts

Thanks in advance for any help you may offer.

I have never seen this error before... When I click on DTS to either open an existing package or create a new one I get the following errors: Error in the DLL, DTS Design Error. When I try to create a new DTS it gives me the errors but still opens but I'm missing all of the connection objects except for MS data link and other connection. I had no problems designing and executing the packages from a development box. I'm not even refering to the typical scheduling problems that exist when SQL Agent is configured incorrectly!

MAK Guest

DTS Designer gives error when it starts (reply)

r u opening the DTS package of the server (sp2) from a client (sp1)?

in that case u need to update your client with sp2

Its something to do with sp i believe. try rerunning the service pack on that client or server again.

------------
    DaveS at 7/10/2002 5:29:50 PM

I have never seen this error before... When I click on DTS to either open an existing package or create a new one I get the following errors: Error in the DLL, DTS Design Error. When I try to create a new DTS it gives me the errors but still opens but I'm missing all of the connection objects except for MS data link and other connection. I had no problems designing and executing the packages from a development box. I'm not even refering to the typical scheduling problems that exist when SQL Agent is configured incorrectly!

Dave S Guest

DTS Designer gives error when it starts (reply)

Thanks for the response. I have already reapplied service pack2 to the server, when I try to create a new dts no more errors but I'm missing all of the connection types except for MS data link and the other connection types.

------------
    MAK at 7/11/2002 9:37:44 AM

r u opening the DTS package of the server (sp2) from a client (sp1)?

in that case u need to update your client with sp2

Its something to do with sp i believe. try rerunning the service pack on that client or server again.

------------
    DaveS at 7/10/2002 5:29:50 PM