Thread: xp_sendmail error: Unknown Recipient...

Linus Hung Guest

xp_sendmail error: Unknown Recipient...

Hi All,

I was testing SQL Mail and I kept getting Unknown Recipient error regardless of what type of user names I tried to put in, I'd appreciate it if any of you could help.

Server: NT 4.0 Server (SP4)
    SQL Server: 6.5 (SP4)
    Mail Client: Exchange (5.0)

Since my company doesn't have a designated mailbox for SQL Server, I set it up to use my personal mailbox and profile. I was able to get SQL Mail up and running but couldn't not figure out a correct user name to pass to xp_sendmail.

The usual format of our e-mail addresses is <last name><first name>@xxx.com so I tried &#39;<last name><first name>&#39;, &#39;<last name>, <first name>&#39; (the same format shown in the Address Book)...etc. but none of those worked.

Am I missing something?

Kenneth Wilhelmsson Guest

xp_sendmail error: Unknown Recipient... (reply)

Search the archives here for how to configure SQL Mail. Amongst other things, SQL Server must be running under the
    same NT-account that has the mailbox. There are quite a few things to consider to SQL Mail up and running.
    I don&#39;t remember them offhand, but there are info in the archives.

/Kenneth

------------
    Linus Hung at 4/27/99 7:03:22 PM

Hi All,

I was testing SQL Mail and I kept getting Unknown Recipient error regardless of what type of user names I tried to put in, I&#39;d appreciate it if any of you could help.

Server: NT 4.0 Server (SP4)
    SQL Server: 6.5 (SP4)
    Mail Client: Exchange (5.0)

Since my company doesn&#39;t have a designated mailbox for SQL Server, I set it up to use my personal mailbox and profile. I was able to get SQL Mail up and running but couldn&#39;t not figure out a correct user name to pass to xp_sendmail.

The usual format of our e-mail addresses is <last name><first name>@xxx.com so I tried &#39;<last name><first name>&#39;, &#39;<last name>, <first name>&#39; (the same format shown in the Address Book)...etc. but none of those worked.

Am I missing something?