Thread: SQL Executive problem

Ganesh Guest

SQL Executive problem

I registered a remote server on my machine that has SQL 6.5 Client installed.
    Using the SQL Enterprise manager I am trying to run the scheduled jobs in the remote site, and I get the following error message

"The SQLExecutive Service is not currently running on Server 'Server Name'. This prevents task 'task name' from being run"

I have verified that SQL executive is running in the remote server and I was able to run the same jobs on the same server from another machine. Can you please suggest me as what is wrong with my machine. I have tried to re-install SQL client on my machibe.

I would appreciate if anyone can reply this ASAP as I am stuck.

Thanks
    Ganesh

Zorica Guest

SQL Executive problem (reply)

Hi,

Make sure that you have trusted connection to the remote server before you want to use SQL executive. If you do not have the trust, you can acheive trust by mapping the drive (share) from the SQL server to your local machine (as NT administrator or NT login belonging to Administrators group) and use named pipe (client connection setup). When you start SQL Enterprise manager (make sure you use trusted connection option).

Alternatively, if you can not use trusted connecton, you can run tasks from ISQL window (on Enterprise Manager) using msdb stored procedure
    sp_runtask Taskname, and you can use sp_stoptask to stop the task which is executing.

If you have any questions re this you can e-mail me.

Regards,
    Zorica

------------
    Ganesh at 7/10/01 8:43:02 PM

I registered a remote server on my machine that has SQL 6.5 Client installed.
    Using the SQL Enterprise manager I am trying to run the scheduled jobs in the remote site, and I get the following error message

"The SQLExecutive Service is not currently running on Server 'Server Name'. This prevents task 'task name' from being run"

I have verified that SQL executive is running in the remote server and I was able to run the same jobs on the same server from another machine. Can you please suggest me as what is wrong with my machine. I have tried to re-install SQL client on my machibe.

I would appreciate if anyone can reply this ASAP as I am stuck.

Thanks
    Ganesh