Thread: Table Corruption

Newbie Guest

Table Corruption

I have a database with a corrupt table and no matter what I do (dbcc's and rebuilding indexes), there are row fetch errors still occurring daily. My solution now is just to drop the table and recreate it.
    Is it as simple as copying the data out of the original table, dropping the original table, and recreating the original table? What about the pointers to other pages? Referential integrety? Please give me a good reference for this subject or let me know. Thank you?

Ivo Guest

Table Corruption (reply)

yes, it is simple, you should follow this sequence of actions it depends on size of the table, I suppose it is not too big :
    1. create new table with same structure as the old
    2. copy all the data from the old to the new table
    3. drop the old table
    4. rename new table to the old name (exec sp_rename system stored procedure ...)
    5. go to celebrate action )

------------
    Newbie at 6/28/01 5:31:37 PM

I have a database with a corrupt table and no matter what I do (dbcc's and rebuilding indexes), there are row fetch errors still occurring daily. My solution now is just to drop the table and recreate it.
    Is it as simple as copying the data out of the original table, dropping the original table, and recreating the original table? What about the pointers to other pages? Referential integrety? Please give me a good reference for this subject or let me know. Thank you?