Thread: Not specified

Niki Guest

Not specified

Hi,

We have to copy data from files from Novell system to Sql sever 2000. I use DTS for that. The problem is that Novell system files(the way they are extracted) has end of file character. Because of this the DTS package fails. But if we open the file, get rid of the end of file character (looks like square in wordpad), the package runs fine.
    Is there any way to make DTS identify this character as end of file and ignore it? We have hundreds of files to move on regular basis and some of the files are large (> 10 MB) so that we cannot open it or see it.

Any suggestion will be appreciated.

carol Guest

Not specified (reply)

i had this problem as well, trying to import webserver logs.. a couple of lines out of 1 million + had an extra character. I set the max error count to something other than 1 on the options tab of the data transfer. that way, it skipped that line. if you can afford to lose the data, that might be an idea.

------------
    Niki at 2/13/2002 11:41:25 AM

Hi,

We have to copy data from files from Novell system to Sql sever 2000. I use DTS for that. The problem is that Novell system files(the way they are extracted) has end of file character. Because of this the DTS package fails. But if we open the file, get rid of the end of file character (looks like square in wordpad), the package runs fine.
    Is there any way to make DTS identify this character as end of file and ignore it? We have hundreds of files to move on regular basis and some of the files are large (> 10 MB) so that we cannot open it or see it.

Any suggestion will be appreciated.