Thread: Export a table automatically in a certain way

Export a table automatically in a certain way

Hi all,
    I have a tricky question (for me ) and I'm happy for anybody who could help me out with this:

I have 2 table: "main" and "country"

In my main table, I have 3 fields for example, which are called "country1", "country2", "country3"
    With the LookUp-Assistant, I defined, that in each field (country1, country2 and country3), there should be a combo-box which offers me all countrys from the table "country" to choose when entering data.
    In my example, this table just contains 2 countries, USA and Canada

Now, my question is:
    Is there a program, which first checks the lookup-table "country" for the field names it serves as lookup table (in my example: country1, country2, country3).

Then, it produces this text:

ADD VALUE LABELS country1
    1 USA
    2 Canada
    EXECUTE

ADD VALUE LABELS country2
    1 USA
    2 Canada
    EXECUTE

ADD VALUE LABELS country3
    1 USA
    2 Canada
    EXECUTE

This output can be saved either in one txt file or several separate ones, it doesn't matter.
    The only thing important is that the output is automatically reproduced with each field name that the table "country" serves as a lookup-table for, as already shown in the example above.

Adding to this, it would be cool if, at the beginning, the program could ask to choose a certain table, or even to do this whole procedure with several tables I'v chosen one after another like a batch process.

Thank you so much in advance for your help, N

It looks like you are looking for a program that will document the design of your database by giving you a listing of everywhere a lookup table is used. I do not know of any way to do this, and I do not know of any software that can do it either.
    Sorry