Thread: Adding Leading 0's in SSIS through Expression

Adding Leading 0's in SSIS through Expression

Hi All,

Issue seems to be simple - but i am trying too hard to find a solution for this .. any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am trying to add leading 0's in my destination table --> I get data from csv file and the destination is table.

I used to derived columns to change the column for example I have a "Record Type" which has input 1 and when it is loaded in the table it has to be "01". I used derived columns and gave the following expression:

(DT_WSTR,2)(RIGHT("00" + (DT_WSTR,2)[Record Type],2))

I also tried using Replicate with other functions - but i am not getting the desired result.

Note: Data type of "Record Type" Which comes has an input is DT_I2.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    varun

Don't think DT_I2 is valid data type in sql server.

@rmiao

Thanks for your reply.. could you please give me some suggestion on how to handle this .. little bit more elaborate - thanks

Which rdbms is your destination table on?

Adding Leading 0s in SSIS through Expression

I tried using Citadel and I had it working for email however I could never get spamassassin to work with it so I gave up on it.

If I go back to Citadel how do I get my mail that is in the Maildir folder to it and do you have any hints on how to get spamassassin to work with it?

Your destination column type needs to be CHAR for leading 0 to work. You will have to use CONVERT or CAST to change input data type to CHAR as well.
    Last edited by skhanal; 12-07-2011 at 01:36 PM.