Thread: Delete records

Delete records

Hi,

I was trying to build up a form where i enter a data and when i submit the button, the after event code makes the data entered, emails in XLS format to a group of people in outlook email via sendobject function.

However, the problem i am facing is that when i am sending the data, all the previous entries are also stored in the documents which is being sent in the email..

do i need to have a delete query in the 'before update' of form??? if yes, then what should be the code for that?

thanks

Do you need the previous data entered in the table?

If no, you could delete the table when the form loads. But remember with the form open that you must save the last entry added or modified before you submit the data as the last change or addition is held in memory unitl the form closes or you move off the record.

If yes, use another form to obtain your date range etc. the submit the data.
    Allan

Thanks Allen

Hi Allen,

Thanks for your reply...

i had put the code for the button click which said...

rivate Sub Save_Record_Click()
    On Error GoTo Err_Save_Record_Click

DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acLast

Exit_Save_Record_Click:
    Exit Sub

Err_Save_Record_Click:
    MsgBox Err.Description
    Resume Exit_Save_Record_Click

End Sub

apart from that....i have put the following code in the after event of the form

Private Sub Form_AfterUpdate()
    DoCmd.SendObject acSendForm, "TR Account Creation Intimation", acFormatXLS, _
    "Abc@ABC.COM", , _
    , "abc Mail - " & Me.Status & "- " & Me.Account_Name, "This is an automated mail", False

End Sub

So, what do i need to do??

should i put a code in the before event of the form....which would maybe delete all the data before i click the button>?

and what code should i put...i am very confused about that...

When the form opens - delete the table
    Private Sub Form_Open()

DELETE The table code goes here

End Sub

When the form closes try the following code, note I have made changes as shown in RED
    Private Sub Form_Close()
    Docmd.Close
    DoCmd.SendObject acSendTable, "Name of the table goes here", acFormatXLS, _
    "Abc@ABC.COM", , _
    , "abc Mail - " & Me.Status & "- " & Me.Account_Name, "This is an automated mail", False
    End Sub

Docmd.Close will close the form and any changes to the current record is saved or if a there is a new record it is also saved when the form closes, then the email is sent

In your code using acForm you are sending the form not the data.
    Allan