Thread: Initialization parameters changing

Initialization parameters changing

HI Folks,

we have database servers of large application. we set initialization parameters
    log_archive_dest_1="/u02/fra" and log_archive_dest_2 ="/u04/data".

But after some time being the parameter "log_archive_dest_2 " changed to "/u01/get"
    can u please tell me what are the operations on database can change this parameters values?

As customer is naive he is not gonna change the values at oracle level .
    Tell me some operations like 'createstandby 'or any sql transactions can able to change these parameter values.?

Please help me

If you have data guard broker setup, then any values set in data guard broker takes precedence over spfile setting.

Go to data guard console by running dgmgrl

connect as sys then check configuration.

Thanks skhanal,

ya Dataguard borker setup was there in our servers.
    initially we set the log_archive_dest_2 ="/u04/data",but some how the parameter value get changed to "/u01/get".

And archive files starting dump into "/u01" and the partition was filled up.After rebuilding the standby and dataguard, the correct location("/u04/data") is now showing in the log archive for dest_2.
    And have monitored that no additional files have been seen since the recreation.

As the custm'r is naive , there is no chances that he will change the parameters.

so what gonna change the parameters?

Use dgmgrl to configure the proper setting. Or remove dg configuration, set proper value in spfile then recreate dg configuration (manually or using grid control)