Thread: Spacing between Detail and Header in Report

Spacing between Detail and Header in Report

I am working on a report and I have it set to display a report header, a page header, and a one more header for the main grouping that causes a page break.

Under the main grouping, I have the detail.

I have all of the text at the bottom of the main grouping header butted up to the grey bar that says "detail" and the text in the detail section butted up to the top so that it touches the grey bar that says "detail". Despite this, there is still a big space between the detail section and the main grouping header section. Is there any way that I can reduce that space? I thought by moving the text as far as it would go to either side of the grey bar that says "detail" would fix the problem but it is not.

Is there any way that I can change the amount of space between the detail and the header section?

Thanks!

You can either grab the line at the bottom of the header section in design view, then drag that line line, thus increasing the height of the header section. Or, using the properties window for the header section, in the Height property line, key in a bigger number which will increade the height of the header section.

Sorry, I should have said that I did try that and it didn't work.. Any other ideas? Thanks!

WOW, I really miss read what you said in your first post. Sorry!

Is this big, empty space only on the first page? If so, maybe you have one or more blank records that are printing blank lines.