Thread: Query Using Grouping is Cutting off Text

Query Using Grouping is Cutting off Text

Hi,

I am continuing to work on my collections database and have a new problem.

We are doing a query where if the accounts receivable is in the 61-90 bucket then a letter will be issued saying what our collections person will do, then if they have receivables in the 91-120 bucket then a letter will be issued saying a different action that our collections person will take and so on.

The problem is that this letter is going to one person and that one person may have several different clients that they are responsible for so we only want the collection action to be listed once and not everytime that they have a client that meets the above criteria. So, we used the grouping function in the query to only have unique records.

The problem is that the text for the action that will be taken gets cut off mid-paragraph whenever we use the grouping function on the query or the unique values property for the query. When we take these functions off, the text does not get cut off.

Why is this happening and is there any way to fix it? We have looked everywhere that we know to look and can't find an answer.

Thanks so much!

I used the uniqueness solution and it worked.

http://allenbrowne.com/ser-63.html

Interesting ...

So did you set unique values to "no," or did you remove the DISTINCT key word (I didn't see mention of the latter in your description of the problem).

And did you wind up needing another query as described in the linked information?

Just curious ...

Bill

Hm. i don't remember what I did but I know it was something I have done before (I think I added another query) and I was embarrassed because I could have figured that out myself. I don't remember doing anything with the "distinct" key word but I do know that I rearranged how all of the queries related and it fixed the problem.. Thanks!