Thread: extra rows in Matrix

extra rows in Matrix

Is it possible to add extra rows in a Matrix containing blank data?
    The row group is filled from a dataset (which is filled by stored proc). e.g the row group expression is: =Fields!type.Value
    My problem is the Type can be 'A','B' or 'C' in any combination eg. some rows only have 'A' and 'C'. However the user wants a consistent look to report so he wants to see rows for 'A','B' and 'C' regardless if they contain any data. But when I force extra rows in stored procedure they are not being displayed because they do not match other criteria of report eg. Year, Department etc. I am trying to modify the proc with Full Joins to include extra rows but it's getting fairly messy.
    Is there an easier way to check if =Fields!type.Value contains 'A','B' and 'C' and if not add the missing ones?
    Thanks in advance

Are You Basically Trying to Display "Empties?"

Are you stating that you are simply trying to display a row for each type grouping, empty / null or not?

Thanks.

Bill

Yes. It was to mimic an Excel Report in format:
    Day......Group......Result
    Mon.......A............1
    Mon.......B............0
    Mon.......C............3

In above example the 'B' row would not display as there was no result rather than a zero.
    I took advice from another forum that this was not possible in Matrix so I put a UNION Select ..... into the stored procedure.

Appreciate the Feedback ...

Sounds like a reasonable approach for a relational scenario ... Thanks for posting your findings, so that others might benefit ...

Bill