Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How to create user login form (MS Access 2000 - 2003)

How to create user login form (MS Access 2000 - 2003)

Hello,

I have a table called "users", it has two fields "username" and "password".

I have a form called "User Login Form". It has two text boxes and a button as following:

1- txtUsername
    2- txtPassword
    3- btnEnter

I would like to link these textboxes with a table. The idea is that the user must enter his/her username & password in the mentioned text boxes. Then, the user will press the enter button.

So the system will varify the input, if it not correct the error message will appear. If it correct, then the required form will be displayed (^_^).

this process is very new for me and I would like to learn it and I would be more appreciate with your kindly assistance.

I have developed a similar Login form that validates the User ID and Password plus it also validates the users password expiry date. If you like I could send a sample to you or post it to this group.

I use a form with unbound boxes for the Userid and Password, when the user presses the Button to access the database I use a couple of Dlookups to check for a valid user then check for valid password. If both are correct then the next form is opened. If either is incorrect then a message is displayed, the user then has the option to re-enter the user id and password or click on the Exit button to close the database

Arrow Login Form

Hey bro.
    Are you still in need of a code to sort this out?
    we can work it out.
    Even you are able to disable and account after a x number of unsuccessful attempts.

Thumbs up Login form

I too am looking for an example of the above mentioned problem if someone could please post one or email me that would be greatly appreciated.

thank you in advance!

Hello,

It is very pleasure to see you giving me a help, well to be honest the login process is the first problem that I have and I need some explanations with codes in order to learn and understand it carefully, if you don't mind.

It will be very pleasure to have your help (^_^)

I am waiting for your reply as soon as possible.

Login Screen

If you require a copy of my demo version of the login screen
    please send me an email at allanmurphy@unwired.com.au as the size of the file exceeds the attachment limit

Allan

My Email Address

Hello Allan,

My email address will be only-me-puppeteer@hotmail.com I will send you a message

See you there then bro

I too am looking for a similar solution with one slight difference. Once a person is logged in, I want the app to load a predetermined form for that person - in other words, bob logs in and gets the warehouse form, Shirley logs in and gets the accounting form, etc.

Thanks in advance,
    Cyber-guy

Wink Sample Login form

Here's a login script that looks like it might work quite nicely - it works on Access 2000, I haven't tried it on 2003 yet - the attached file has the .mdb sample along with the passwords to test it with.

It uses a dropdown for the user name. Passwords are masked with *'s and it kicks you out after 3 failed attempts.

You can get more info at http://www.tutorialized.com/tutorial...utorials/10952

Cyber-Guy
    Attached Files Attached Files

Smile Login Screen Sample

Here is my sample login screen database.

Open frm_main use either TEST1, TEST2 OR TEST3, the user ID determines the level of access. Whne you first login you will asked to change the password as the password has expired. This is a feature that I use as a bit of security etc.

Contact me if require more information etc.

Allan Murphy
    allanmurphy@unwired.com.au
    Attached Files Attached Files

Very nice!

Thanks,
    Cyber-guy

Thank you, I hope it suits your needs.

Let me know if require any more information etc.

Allan

Thanks (^_^)

Hello Allan,

How are you? Thanks for the login demo, actually I have been studying the coding and trying to understand the procedures of your login screen.. your login screen has provided me lots of understanding like the way of building the forms and the way of coding using the VB ... Thanks for your help and I will try to understand it more by having more and extensive exercises in creating the login screen and compare it with yours.

Again Thanks A lot friend

Login screen

Thank you for your comments.

If you like I will post on the forum a more detailed explanation of the Login Screen concept with some explanation of the coding etc.

Regards

Allan

login form

hye...i already try just like above...but i want try more advance...i want add and edit function for new user and existing user...can anyone help me?