Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How to create user login form (MS Access 2000 - 2003)

Hybrid View

How to create user login form (MS Access 2000 - 2003)

Hello,

I have a table called "users", it has two fields "username" and "password".

I have a form called "User Login Form". It has two text boxes and a button as following:

1- txtUsername
    2- txtPassword
    3- btnEnter

I would like to link these textboxes with a table. The idea is that the user must enter his/her username & password in the mentioned text boxes. Then, the user will press the enter button.

So the system will varify the input, if it not correct the error message will appear. If it correct, then the required form will be displayed (^_^).

this process is very new for me and I would like to learn it and I would be more appreciate with your kindly assistance.

I have developed a similar Login form that validates the User ID and Password plus it also validates the users password expiry date. If you like I could send a sample to you or post it to this group.

I use a form with unbound boxes for the Userid and Password, when the user presses the Button to access the database I use a couple of Dlookups to check for a valid user then check for valid password. If both are correct then the next form is opened. If either is incorrect then a message is displayed, the user then has the option to re-enter the user id and password or click on the Exit button to close the database

Arrow Login Form

Hey bro.
    Are you still in need of a code to sort this out?
    we can work it out.
    Even you are able to disable and account after a x number of unsuccessful attempts.

Thumbs up Login form

I too am looking for an example of the above mentioned problem if someone could please post one or email me that would be greatly appreciated.

thank you in advance!

Hello,

It is very pleasure to see you giving me a help, well to be honest the login process is the first problem that I have and I need some explanations with codes in order to learn and understand it carefully, if you don't mind.

It will be very pleasure to have your help (^_^)

I am waiting for your reply as soon as possible.

Login Screen

If you require a copy of my demo version of the login screen
    please send me an email at allanmurphy@unwired.com.au as the size of the file exceeds the attachment limit

Allan

Question Do you still have this?

Quote Originally Posted by Allan Murphy
    I have developed a similar Login form that validates the User ID and Password plus it also validates the users password expiry date. If you like I could send a sample to you or post it to this group.

I use a form with unbound boxes for the Userid and Password, when the user presses the Button to access the database I use a couple of Dlookups to check for a valid user then check for valid password. If both are correct then the next form is opened. If either is incorrect then a message is displayed, the user then has the option to re-enter the user id and password or click on the Exit button to close the database
    Hi Allan,

I was wondering if you still have this login form available. I'm kinda new to databases and was wondering how to use a similar login for an existing database. At the same time do you know how to change the first window/form that appears when opening a database?

Thanks!!

Sample Database

The sample database is an attachment to one of my replies on the page 1 of this thread.

What do you mean how to change the first window/form that appears when opening a database?

You can set a form to be displayed when the database opens by going to the menu bar select Tools, then select Startup from the dropdown menu, a dialog box is displayed, then in the Display Form/Page, select the form you want to display when the database opens.
    Allan

Re: Log-in form in Microsoft Access

Good day!

Can you please send me a copy of Log-in form in Microsoft Access? I also want to use such kind of form instead of using workgroup security.

Thank you in advanced...
    Hope to hear from you...

Thanks once again...

Ronald

Login Database Sample

Ronald

The sample database is an attachment to one of my replies towards the bottom of page 1 of this thread.
    Allan

Thumbs up Login Form in MS-Access

Hi

I am Logan. I need the form design and coding for the first time as sample. Thanks & Regards.

Loganathan.R

Quote Originally Posted by Allan Murphy

Quote Originally Posted by Allan Murphy View Post

Can you please forward me the as I would like to see how this code works

Niso

I you have a look at message 43 or 44 on this forum you will see examples of my login screen etc. The validation code maybe on the login screen or a module called Display menu.
    Allan

Thanks Allan, I hope its gonna work but I will let you know if I had any problems.

I too am looking for a similar solution with one slight difference. Once a person is logged in, I want the app to load a predetermined form for that person - in other words, bob logs in and gets the warehouse form, Shirley logs in and gets the accounting form, etc.

Thanks in advance,
    Cyber-guy