Thread: ODBC connection Error

ODBC connection Error

One of my user is having trouble connecting to the database,i have already reset his pwd bt when she is trying to connect trhough application , he keeps getting this error

"Unable to connect to database

[I]Sytem Error codes:[microsoft][ODBC SQL Server driver] SQL Server Log in failed for user 'Username'.
    [microsoft]ODBC SQL Driver] Invalid connection string attribute
    Data provider could not be initialized.
    please try again or contact adminstrator![/I
    ]

i am sure it is not psw issue because i have reset his psw
    Please help me out.

what application is user connecting with? is DSN created on user's machine?

She connects through Citrix and then after been successfull connect to citrix then she will need to connect to the database, that where she gets an error, that what i know so far, another tip is she uses remote connection.

Did you create odbc dsn on citrix?

he used to connect and all of sudden, he can, i wonder if it is passoword management tool, because he changed his last name, but the emial address /user name which u need to connect is still on his old name,and the names we used to create a user in the db is in new name.

Do you use windows or sql authentication? Can you connect to sql with that user name/pwd?

i manage to resolve the issue , i reset the passowrd an test to the apps and db connection, we are using windows authe.... ,now it is just a matter of giving her some privs.

Thanks guys