Thread: orace enterprise management console problem

orace enterprise management console problem

I am using oracle 10g I am trying to backup through oracle Enterprise Manager Console whenever I am trying to do this I get the message Use the Enterprise Manager 10g Console for Backup Management.

I dont no what going on because I am already inside Oracle Enterprise Management Console . Pls Help me I want to take the backup of one of my database. I am really waiting for your feed back.

thanksoracle Enterprise Management Console Problem

Pls reply me I really appreciated if you solve my this problem

I know with 9i when you launch Enterprise Management Console you have a choice of logging in as Stand Alone or to Enterprise Management Server. When I login Stand Alone I log in as sys/password as sysdba. However, when I login Enterprise Management Server I have to use the user sysman/password. I can only do backups when I am logged in with sysman credentials. SYS is admin for each individual database but sysman is admin for all databases and has backup priviledges.
    It sounds like you need to get logged into OEM as sysman. The default password for sysman is oem_temp and it should force you to change it on the first login.
    It maybe a little different in 10g so forgive me if it doesn't work. Hopefully this may get you pointed in the right direction.

If you start EM and you see the first screen on the right do you see Oracle Enterprise Manager 10i Console Introduction...? I guess you are running 10i and not 10g which is an older version.