Thread: A question

A question

Hi all,
    MSc in infor two online Web-database developer experience one using IIS+access+ADO, one using MSSQL 2000 + tomcat +jsp an bean . Now become unemployed. Is it a good ideal to spent more money and got a oracle certificate?
    IT is not easy to survivor in Hong Kong!
    ________
    MAGIC FLIGHT LAUNCH BOX REVIEW
    Last edited by sql; 03-06-2011 at 01:53 AM.

Depends on demand in Hong Kong. Are there many Oracle openings?

You can get the OCA certification relatively cheap: whatever you spend for study materials, plus the cost of two exams. There isn't an instructor-led course requirement until you reach or want the OCP level (http://education.oracle.com). On the other hand, there isn't much (like none) of a market for OCAs (or OCPs for that matter, at least in the US).

Do you want to be a DBA or a developer?
    Last edited by stecal; 10-31-2005 at 08:57 PM.

Hi,
    thank you for the kindnes, most of my experience is a developer + some maintance experience. not ideal where should go.
    ________
    New jersey marijuana dispensary

Probably true anywhere, but what counts the most is experience. A certification may help you get an interview, but don't count on it. Is getting certified better than not being certified? Yes, but most of your reward for getting certified comes from within because many employers couldn't care less about them as a whole.

If you are out of work now then it makes sense to get it now. During interview if they ask about gap in your employment you can say you were using the down time to get certified.

HI , thank you all.
    I can set down to learn more about php5 and mysql and succeed install oracle 9 on my Win Xp. the first day of unemployeed is not that bad, do want to use to much worry to hit down myself! I need to find a resonbale place to got a certificate. since I am new in Hong kong !
    IThank you again . I will not give up!
    ________
    MAC GAME