Thread: Restoring sql server 7 on different machine

Restoring sql server 7 on different machine

Hi,
    I am trying to restore sql server 7 on to a different machine with same name.
    I installed sql 7 and tried restoring the databases, I got an unicode locale id error. I rebuild the master database and error was fixed.

I am trying to do a full database restore and I am receiving error
    <b> upgradedb.cpp214Expression: tableIndex < ARRAY_Len(upgradeMap)SPID: 7Process ID:1124. </b>
    KIndly help me please, in what to do or how to do a restore.

Thanks

Is it complete error message? Do you have error number? Did you try to restore on sql7 or sql2k server?

I am trying to restore on sql7 from sql7 backup using brightstore third party backup/restore tool.

The full error message is
    Failed to end restore.(Dbname=XX, Ec=servername:[SQl SErver]szsqlstate=01000,fnativeerror=3624,
    ErrMsg=[Microsoft][ODBC SQL server Driver][SQL Server]Location:upgradedb.cpp214Expression: tableIndex < ARRAY_Len(upgradeMap)SPID: 7Process ID:1124

Can Anyone help me out please , Its Urgent

Don't know that tool. Did you try backup/restore with sql statement?

No , I did not. Can you give me steps of exactly , what should be done or how to restore sql 7 on different machine in sequence steps, if possible.
    Thanks

You can backup db with 'backup database' statement, copy backup file to target server then restore it with 'restore database' statement. Check sql books online for detailed syntax.