Thread: SQL Server Tools Information

Post SQL Server Tools Information

Hi to all Friends,
    Now a days i have a query regarding SQL Server deployment.Is it possible that on our client side we not install enterprise manager due to some managerial problems.Because we are feeling that using enterprise manager our database design is not save and somebody can copy it.Please help me on this issue.
    Thanks

What kind of client? If you mean your customer, don't think you can stop them to install sql tools on their machine.

I can copy someone's database design just as easily with Query Analyzer as I can with Enterprise Manager. In fact, All I really need is a valid connection and I can just do it through ADO.

First of all thanks for your replies.I know my customer has not much experties except enterprise manager.I just want, if he/she see my database he/she can't see my other database contents.I know we can't protect our design from expert programer and developers but just trying to hide it.Now what you say?

Limit their permissions to only the objects you want them to be able to see. For example, create views specifically for them, and give them access to only the views. That's the correct way to do this.