• No SQL Will Not Work

0 0%
  • Use (please tell me your suggestion)

0 0%
  • Your Screwed - Give Up

0 0%

Thread: Meeting Scheduling Database

Meeting Scheduling Database

I've been tasked with leading a team to build a meeting scheduling database for my company. Our in house team wants us to go with something lotus database based, but with the needs I have I strongly believe we need something in SQL. Currently we are using an access database I designed and for reporting the queries rule. but I'm wanting something web based that people can go out and schedule meetings, catering and a/v equipment on their own. Some restraints are rooms that combine into joint larger rooms and some rooms that don't have equipment built in so the scheduler will need to know this to book the portable equpiment if available (needs inventory functionality) Basically I'd like this to have a web feel to it so anyone that has used a shopping cart online can navigate through it. And i need to be able to run reports on anything in the database. I'm thinking SQL database with a few Tables that are joined.

Does this sound like something SQl can do. I'm spent the day learning basic SQL and I think this can be done. By me I'm not sure But I'd be willing to try.
    Last edited by ssdrop64; 04-20-2005 at 02:27 PM.