Thread: One more thing...

One more thing...

After testing a little bit more, found out that the next button doesn't work either, and now I am getting this error when I click next or download:

Error # (Get_RS_OPEN - After open TOP SQL) = 80040E07(-2147217913)
    Description = [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]The conversion of a char data type to a datetime data type resulted in an out-of-range datetime value.
    Source = Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers
    SQL State = 22008
    Native Error = 242

There are no char values - all datatypes al varchar, and one is datetime, and that should remain datetime.

Adding some more...

Figured out why getting the datatype error, date wasn't a "true" date. but now when I hit "next" or any buttong, the browser "thinks" and given me a blank where my grid should be?
    Anything else I am missing?

a small section of code will help to debug. Do it in NWIND.

FK

Figured out what the problem was. I remember vaguely anytime there was a where clause, the dbReset had to be used. So added that to my code, and now both the "next" "previous" "download" (which are the only buttons I am using) are working properly. Is this a bug or is this a workaround? It is kind of cumbersome, whenever there is a where clause to have to go through these steps.

dbReset is used to clar the variables for the next module. Depends on what your code looks like.

FK

Once I rememebred it it was an easy integration to the code. Asp-db still rocks!