Thread: Custom Skin & dbMenu

Custom Skin & dbMenu

For some reason our custom skin is conflicting when adding a dbMenu at the top of the screen. The buttons default to blue when in Custom, but when any button besides 'reload' is pressed, the buttons go green (Add, Delete, Next, etc). If i change our skin to "sea" for example, the buttons stay blue. OR if i take out the dbMenu, the buttons stay blue.

ANY IDEAS?

John M

give me some nwind code to debug. Is tis the first time you use this combo? It has been a long while that I first gave guys the custom skin. ALo slook att he html code to see how many css headers are declared.

Frank

2 styles sheets declared...
    /tornado/css/summermeadow/Style.css
    AND
    /tornado/css/bgcolors3.css

On the first screen (When it first loads) the buttons are blue, but when the user clicks on Add or anything else, they buttons go green.

If you don't know off the top of your head, i'll put together a nwind example... even though we're using a custom skin... is this going to be a problem?

John M

I need to see the code... custom skin is the same as the other skins and should not be a problem.

FK

<!--T_Edit_1.aspx-->
    <script language='vb' runat='server'>
    Sub Page_Load(Source as Object, E as EventArgs)
    Dim Mydb As New Tornado.Z()
    With Mydb
    .dbUnit = "89"
    .dbMenuParams = "type=2| style=Tornado| ve=false| du=http://www.aspdb.com| wi=300|buttontype=3| ClickSound=click| oversound=boing"
    .dbMenuData = "la=ASPdb.com, la=USIntertech| u=http://www.usintertech.com, la=ASPdb.net| u=http://www.aspdb.net"
    Response.Write("<Center>" & .ASPdbMenu() & "</center><BR>")

.dbQP = "Unit=2| Mode=Grid| DSN=Nwind.Mdb| TextHolder=Title=Basic Edit"
    .dbSkin="type=fhwa|custom=true"
    .dbSQL = "Select OrderID, CustomerID, EmployeeID, OrderDate from Orders"
    .dbBookMark = "Orders;0"
    .dbNavigationItem = "prev,next,update"
    .dbEditUpdateFlds = "Field=0|Type=RONOUPDATE,Field=1|Type=RONOUPDATE,F ield=2|Type=RONOUPDATE, 3"
    .ASPdbNET()
    End With
    End Sub
    </script>

Yes, the skin must be in the first module and menu does not support custom skins.. I'll take a look in the soltuion.

Frank

One easy way is to include the FHWA in the std skin list. I'll see about any problem in doing that.

Frank

OK, got a custom solution for your problem. Please email me and I'll send you the test files.

FK

Custom solution looks pretty good...

FK