Thread: how to access transactions history

how to access transactions history

hello
    i want to know how can i see user's logs?i meani want to know wich users have accessed wich tables and when thay have changed the data...
    i know these information is in logfile..(i think so..i'm now sure)..but i'm sure these information should be save in sql..but i don't know how to find them..
    Somayeh

You have to use third party tool like Log Explorer from Lumigent (www.lumigent.com)

hi skhanal,

lumigent sounds like they have a very good product. but im far far away from Massachusetts. Do you know of an Australian company or one that has Australian offices which offers similar kind of products?

Don't worry about the previous post. I discovered they have re-sellers internationally & Oz.

hello i searched about this topic in microsoft and i foound an article:
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sec.../sql2kaud.mspx
    ...it say:
    Even if you enable auditing to the Application log, you won't find details in the logs about user activity such as which tables users access, which queries users run, and which stored procedures users invoke. To enable SQL Server auditing to such a level, you must turn to the SQL Server software.

..what does it mean?that i should turn tho the sql server software?? i exactlynees such information about user activities....
    any suggestion??

That article is talking about the system logs, not the database log files.