Thread: DTS related question

DTS related question

Hi,

I made a DTS which appends data coming infrom a view to an exisiting table.So far no problem and all goes well.

I am facing a problem due to the format of the date that is coming in (getting appended) and while going through BOL, came across the following topic:

mk:@MSITStore:C:\Program%20Files\Microsoft%20SQL%2 0Server\80\Tools\Books\howtosql.chm::/ht_dts_trns_97ou.htm

I tired the above tips but it appears that if I try to do this in my DTS (which appends data),the logic of the DTS will change. A single arrow also gets added whichI think represents a simple mapping/transformation rather than a append. To clarify my point, please note the attached image which represents that the data is being appended (due to the many sided arrows pointing to the source and destination - visible under the Transformations tab of my DTS).

Sincerely hoping that my post is clear, can someone help me find how to make changes in a DTS (which appends data) and ensuring that thelogic remains the same i.e. it should append data.

Many TIA
    Attached Images Attached Images

May load data to staging table first, then you can do whatever you like.

Hmmm... Thanks. I was also thinking something along your lines.

A single arrow does indeed mean a single transformation (from a single source to a single destination), but the multiple arrows you mention does not mean "append". The arrows in your image means a single transformation with multiple sources going to multiple destinations.

Originally posted by Rawhide
    A single arrow does indeed mean a single transformation (from a single source to a single destination), but the multiple arrows you mention does not mean "append". The arrows in your image means a single transformation with multiple sources going to multiple destinations.

Thanks Rawhide. Your reply helps in clarifying my concepts.