Thread: Unable to understand the YTD MDX function

Unable to understand the YTD MDX function

Hi,

Me and my thick skull

Couldn't get much help from books on-line and therefore can someone please helpme understand

the YTD function withan example maybe?

How about a Step - By - Step Walkthrough?

How about a Step - By - Step Walkthrough?

Check out my Database Journal article at:

http://www.databasejournal.com/featu...le.php/2232111

The practice exercises might help, as I try to illuminate various functions beyond the scanty Books Online treatment. Let me know if you think I'm succeeding ---> positive feedback certainly motivates one to write more!

Good Luck.

Bill

Thanks Bill.

I'll certainly provide feedback once I have gone through thecomplete article.

But till then a few comments (feedback):

1) Yes, Step byStep is exactly what I am looking for (takes me much longer than an average person to absorb anything) andthus I hope your article will do exactly that

2) One of yourarticles (I belive it WAS yours) i.e. Creating my 1st cubeis what really helped me get into Cbes abd BI stuff and though I am still at a beginner stage, your article (Creating My First Cube) was of great help. I mean it!

So I am hoping this this article will do an equally great job in helping understand the YTD function.

I have a strong feeling that you will be coming across many questions from my side on this forum and I will be looking forward to your replies.

My advance thanks for that

Happy to help - as time is available, of course. I have lots of client work and there's always the writing, as well... I heard my Editor asked for a cattle prod for Christmas ...

Thanks for the compliments!

Bill