Thread: Tornado and form submit session vars

Tornado and form submit session vars

Hi

I would appreciate an explanation of what happens with Tornado when a form is submitted. Are session variables containing the field updates created prior to the submission?

I am trying to increase the time allowed for users to keep a form open before submitting it. I have entered the following in the web.config:

<sessionState mode="InProc"
    cookieless="false"
    timeout="40"
    />

I am fairly sure that Tornado does not trap the timeout error when it occurs but instead asp.net produces a standard com message:

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

The problem with this is that this error is produced by many Tornado syntax errors.
    Is it possible for Tornado to produce its own error when a timeout occurs so I can test when my app has actually timed out?

Thanks
    Bob

Session Vars ends when a session ends.

There is a writeup in ASP timeout somewhere long time ago. Session state problem is standard to all Web programming. I have to look it up. Overall, in your case, goto the Global.asax and place code there to trap the Session End. Tornado use this to trap the user login timeout.

Sub Session_End.....

Another way is to write your application w/o counting on session an dpass all the variable sin the URL. This is known as the "Fat URL".

Another way is to keep the variables in the Application so when timeout it'll still be there. You have to use separate variables for each user.

FK