Thread: Intelligent drop down list

Intelligent drop down list

I'm looking for a way to have drop down list contain the numbers 1 through 10 and when a number is selected from the drop down and attached to a record, the next time you access the drop down only "available" numbers show. In other words, if I add a record, and assign it "3" from the dropdown, the next record added or edited would show 1-2 & 4-10 in the drop down.

I'm trying to design a page where a user can rank a record according to priorty. I could just assign a "unique" to the DB field but I need a way for the user to be presented with only unused selections.

Any thoughts

Using asp-db pro.

Erik

I doubt very much that can be a built-in function especially in classic asp-db. This looks like a mini app by it self. I'll let classic asp-db support take a look at this and meanwhile, I'll look at the ASP-db.Net side.

FK

Thanks for your reply.

I thought it was a similar situation where the drop down would require some code behind it. ASP-db does amazing things...so we are getting spoiled by it!

intercepting the dropdown click and check the selecetd value and then re-define the dropdown sql.

FK