Thread: dbTestBlankTable - is this a bug?

dbTestBlankTable - is this a bug?

Hi

I use Tornado with sql server 2000. All my pages have the following properties set:

.dbprovider="SQL"
    .dbdbtype="SQL"

When I try and use the .dbtestblanktable property, I get the following message:

An OLE DB Provider was not specified in the ConnectionString. An example would be, 'Provider=SQLOLEDB;'.

This is my connection in global.ascx:
    Application("NWINDSQL") = "Data Source=localhost; Integrated Security=SSPI; Persist Security Info=False; Initial Catalog=Northwind"

If I then add Provider=SQLOLEDB; to the connection string the following code works:

<script language="vb" runat="server">
    Sub Page_Load(Source as Object, E as EventArgs)
    Dim Q As New Tornado.Z()
    With Q

.dbQP = "TextHolder=Title=TestBlankTable|skin=5"
    .dbDSN = Application("NWINDSQL")
    .dbSQL = "SELECT * From orders"
    .dbNavigationItem = "Basic5"
    .dbBookMark = "orders; 0"
    .dbStartUp = "editadd"
    .dbEditAddFlds = "0,1,2"
    .dbTestBlankTable = "Table=orders| Action=BlankURL| TestSQL=SELECT CustomerID FROM orders| BlankDBURL=www.aspdb.net"
    .ASPdbNET()
    End With
    End Sub
    </Script>

If I then add .dbProvider="SQL" (which I have in all my pages) I get the following error message:

905 : 999) Error
    Cannot Open datasource -
    [Back] button to continue

I would much prefer it if I could carry on using .dbprovider="SQL" and not have to delete it and change the connection string. Is this a bug?

Bob

I

Bug confirmed (VB version). TestBlank does not allow SQL and force OLEDB connection. Fixed (VB version) and uploaded "Aug" version replacing the old one. Note that date of the DLLs are 10/14/04.

The older version of Tornado is using OLEDB to test blank and the newer ones honor the provider specified by the user as it uses a single ADO factory to perform the data connection. I tested your code and it works in the C# version.

Frank

Frank

Thanks for your speedy response and resolution!!!