Thread: Tornado - .dbLogin/Forgot Password

Tornado - .dbLogin/Forgot Password

Frank,

The .dbLogin/Forgot Password doesn't work. The following error is sent after clicking the 'Forgot Password" button'

(209-999 Property Syntax Error)
    Invalid Mail-From Address

Here's my .dbLogin Code:

Dim login as string = ""
    login = "Type=db||SQL=SELECT password,"
    login = login & "email FROM password WHERE ID = '[[ID]]'|"
    login = login & "LoginTitle=Login|FromAddr=NYAutoMail@h01rg_nt2.fh wa.dot.gov|"
    login = login & "EmailSubject=Your Password|"
    login = login & "EmailBody=Your password/id is : [[LoginID]]/[[password]]"
    .dbLogin = login

What syntax is wrong here?

Also, I needed to use the .dbMail for the SMTP Server and testrun parameters. that's why the SMTP Server parameter is missing from .dbLogin

What do you suggest?

I detect two problems -

1. The "From" address breaks the system RE. Use a new RE to handle that. Add ->

.dbEmailAddrRegEx = "\w+([-+.]\w+)*@\w+([-.]\w+)*\.\w+([-.]\w+)*([,;]\s*\w+([-+.]\w+)*@\w+([-.]\w+)*\.\w+([-.]\w+)*)*"

2. After that try to see whether it'll send. If not then use a simple address like paul@yahoo.com and repeat the test.

When I use your "From" address to test here, it is not working (...destination not valid within DNS...). If I use a simple one like frank@aspdb.com then it'll work.

Resolve this first and I'll add the Email RE to the system test that'll handle this kind of Email Address.

FK

Frank,

Nothing I tried worked. Still receiving the same error. I have email you some sample code I'm using to test this out. You'll need to set your DNS to point to the password table. I'm using msSQL server here.

Paul

try the working example I sent you and also use the same params in a simple dbMail app to verify their values.

FK

We figured out our problem... FINALLY.

The dbMail function was conflicting with the dbLogin function for some reason.. we were under the impression that you needed dbMail in addition to the dbLogin for a forgotten password.

-all is well with this issue now

Quick question though-
    it says in the documentation that you need to designate the SMTP server in the dblogin function, but for some reason it still works without it. Will this cause problems??

JM

OH, the mail functionis included in the Login function. If SMTP server is not included then it'll use th edefualt one in IIS. It is better to speicfy that so that when you move the application, it'll not give you unexpected results.

Frank