Thread: Refresh takes us back to first record

Refresh takes us back to first record

We have encountered a problem with the new version of Tornado (4.6.10.10). It occurs after some events have taken place in the following sequence.

1. Use the dbfilter “search” to display a number of records in a master detail grid.
    2. Close the search template.
    3. Select one of these detail records to open the detail grid.
    4. From that screen do an “Add”.
    5. Press “Go”.
    6. Close the detail screen.
    7. Refresh the first screen (obtained from the search) and the search criteria is lost completely. The display goes to the first record in the database as though no search was performed. But the number of records displayed from the search still shows at the bottom of the screen.

If all of the events above are done with the exception of #2, closing the Search template, the record refreshed remains on the screen and is refreshed with the new information.

Attached is an example using Northwind. Try it both ways, with the template open and the template closed.

Sub Page_Load(Source as Object, E as EventArgs)
    Dim pop As String = "<A HREF='/securevoc/t_grid_4.aspx?Details=^0^' Target='Details' onClick=""window.open('','Details', 'width=500, height=500, left=400, top=400, directories=no, menubar=no, toolbar=no, status=no, resizable=yes')"">^0^</A>"
    Dim E63 As New Tornado.Z()
    with E63
    .dbUnit = 60
    .dbSkin= 15
    .dbMode = "Grid"
    .dbGridDisplayFlds = "CustomerID, CompanyName, ContactName"
    .dbNavigationItem ="top,bottom,next,prev,update,filter"
    .dbstartup = "filter"
    .dbDSN = "Nwind"
    .dbPageSize = 1
    .dbEmbeddedGridMagicCell = "(;![]^|~/+{})fi=OrderID|mac=" & pop
    .dbGridMagicCell = "(;![]^|~/+{})field=CompanyName|macro=^1^<br>^4^<br>^5^, ^7^<p>^2^<br>^4^<br>^9^!field=ContactName|Macro=SQ L:SELECT OrderID,OrderDate,RequiredDate,ShippedDate from orders where customerID= '^0^'"
    .dbNameMap = "field=CustomerID|alias=ID,field=CompanyName|alias =Customer,field=ContactName|alias=Orders"
    .dbEmbeddedGridNameMap = "field=OrderID|alias=ID,field=OrderDate|alias=Orde red,field=RequiredDate|alias=Required,field=Shippe dDate|alias=Shipped"
    .dbSQL = "SELECT CustomerID,CompanyName,ContactName,ContactTitle,Ad dress,City,Region,PostalCode, Country,Phone,Fax FROM Customers"
    .dbTextHolder = "Title=Tornado Master/Detail grid test"
    .ASPdbNET()
    End With
    End Sub

Sub Page_Load(Source as Object, E as EventArgs)
    Dim ID as string = request.querystring("Details")
    Dim E61 As New Tornado.Z()
    With E61
    .dbUnit = "61"
    .dbSkin= "bluesky"
    .dbDSN = "nwind"
    .dbBookMark = "[orders];0"
    .dbEditAddFlds = "1,2,3,4,5"
    .dbNavigationItem ="top,bottom,next,prev,update,add,filter"
    .dbGridDisplayFlds = "0,1,2,3,4"
    .dbSQL = "SELECT * from [orders] where OrderID=" & ID
    .dbTextHolder="Title=Order Details for Order " & ID
    .ASPdbNET
    End with
    End Sub

The disappearing filter criteria problem is confirmed in aspx mode but not in IDE debug mode - strange.
    The good news is that a report was made some time ago to close the filter screen after the startup filter and the fix was done. I'll go back and see what fix was made and I'll get back to you.

Frank

Try this to see whether your version has this ->

.dbOptions = "CloseStartUpAfterAction=true"

This oprtion will close the Filter after startup.

If not then I'll send you this latest patch version. Also, I'll look into the case where StartUpFilter is not close and why the filter disappear upon closing that manually.

Frank

I tested on the C# version (soon to be released) and this problem does nto exist with or w/o closing filter window. So, see whether you can live with the switch ->

.dbOptions = "CloseStartUpAfterAction=true"

and that'll save me a trip to fix the VB version also.

FK

The ".dbOptions = "CloseStartUpAfterAction=true" appears to have solved the problem.

Thanks for your help!

OK... glad to hear that.. hang in there, soon to be released C# version has default = true and this problem would be gone...even when it is set to false.

Frank