Thread: Full screen edit question.

Full screen edit question.

I like the concept of full screen editing using the .dbEditGridUpdate command.

Will it be possible in the future to allow the use of a custom template for the edit page? I was hoping I could use this feature to prevent users from having to scroll right when they edit records (this has to be their biggest complaint). I had to build my own template to try and minimize the scrolling and if I could have the template on a seperate page it would be fantastic.

I see a need to accomodate larger records with numerous fields, the examples are great, but are always based on very little data being shown, but in real applications there is often a need to display and edit numerous related fields and it is always a challenge to try and make everything fit on a small user screen.

Any hope in making my users happy?

Are you referring toa GRID edit tmeplat eor just NORMAL editing template? Ther eis an edit template property.

can you send me a sample of the screen template for "GRID" edit template. A SS style is always in "row" form. How to perform grid editing w/o a grid format ?

Frank

I've attached a screen print of the template, I use the dbUserAddTemplate property to display the add template and I have an other one for the update template using the dbUserUpdateTemplate property. What I would like to see is a way to force the template onto another page to prevent scrolling.
    Attached Files Attached Files

what mode are you using? you mean you want to position the update template below the grid instead of to the right? If not then exaplain

"Force the template onto another page to prevent scrolling"

FK

I,m using a grid mode, putting the template below the grid would help but I would prefer on a seperate page, I have many "old" users that insist on using an 800 by 600, this would eliminate left to right scrolling.

to place the update page below the grid. You can just ad a >P> to the gruid template.. I'llmake an example for you.

As for putting it in a separate page - try the classic mode first and see that'll do it.

FK