Thread: New Tornado Version problems

Post New Tornado Version problems

I've been using Tornado for about a year and a half. Recently, I started getting random errors on my Tornado pages - "'ReDim' can only change the rightmost dimension." I'd see this problem, then in the middle of trying to figure out what was wrong, it would dissappear.

I was told to upgrade to the newest version of the Tornado DLL - March 25th. We've been using the December 2003 DLL. With the new DLL installed, all our Tornado pages generate the same error:

(800 : XX) Error

Invalid Query

Hit [Back] button to continue

We've been using all of these pages for a long time, and some of them for over a year, so I know that the queries are good. Here is a sample page that will generate that error:

<script language="vb" runat="server">
    Sub Page_Load(Source as Object, E as EventArgs)

Dim XL As New Tornado.Z()
    With XL
    .dbUnit = "35"
    .dbMode = "type=Grid"
    .dbProvider = "ODBC"
    .dbDSN = "Driver={Informix UniVerse ODBC Driver};DSN=MBODBC"
    .dbDBType = "MYSQL"
    .dbSQL = "SELECT LOAN_NUM FROM APPLICATION WHERE CLS_DT >= {d '2004-03-01'}"
    .dbNavigationItem = "top, prev, bottom, next"
    .ASPdbNET()
    End With

End Sub
    </script>

800 is the ODBC section. I scanned the section and see no code changes for a long time. track down your problem a bit more.

* use the version of DLL that has been working for a long time.

* use the latest version an dcompare the error message. Post the entire error messages as it'l pin point to the exact call. like 801, 813 812 etc....

* If possible, dup the code in NWIND using ODBC for us to debug.

You are using it on informix and the only way to defeat that completely is to be working right next to it.

Frank

My company does not own Access, so I cannot dump the database to Access and test it that way. However, I was able to dump it to MySQL, and it works fine.

As far as posting the exact error - I'm not sure what you mean. Here's a screenshot.

use dbDebug = "ActiveSQL" and others to show the invlaid query. Dump the version also.

If MySQL works (ODBC provider) then the ODBC code is the same for both in Tornado.

Frank

Frank - I believe I've solved the issue.

It appears as though the default .dbDBType, .dbDBType = MYSQL, or the code involving .dbDBType in general has changed since the last version. The new defaults are not compatible with Informix, whereas the old defaults were compatible.

Here is a sample code that works. I have also verified that it is backwards compatible with the older version (which makes upgrading easier). It looks like this will be a required fix for anyone using Informix that did not previously define a custom .dbDBType.

<script language="vb" runat="server">

Sub Page_Load(Source as Object, E as EventArgs)

Dim XL As New Tornado.Z()
    With XL
    .dbProvider = "ODBC"
    .dbDBType = "Type=CUSTOM| LeftDateWrap={d '| RightDateWrap='| LeftOdd=| RightOdd=|"
    .dbDSN = "Driver={Informix UniVerse ODBC Driver};DSN=MBODBC"
    .dbSQL = "SELECT LOAN_NUM FROM APPLICATION"
    .ASPdbNET()
    End With

End Sub
    </script>

OH.. that is in another module.. I'll check it out the defaults and adjust them.

Frank

OK.. I updated the INFORMIX accordingto your date wrap values. What is the default date format and also what is the UPPER function name ?

Frank

The default date format is YYYY-MM-DD, and the upper function is UPPER(string).