Thread: Sorting in Grid and Filter Problems

Sorting in Grid and Filter Problems

I'm having a problem where I cannot sort on one of the headings on my grid display (not sure why) and on the filter screen, the same field will not appear as a drop-down. I'm assuming these two problems are somehow related. All other fields that appear on the grid and filter screen are working properly (can be sorted on and appear as a drop down menu), so I'm not sure what's different with this one. "Status" is the one that is not working. Here is part of my code:

Invdb.dbNavigationItem = "top, prev, next, bottom, filter, resetfilter, add, update"
    Invdb.dbNavigationIcon = "gif,form,Select"
    Invdb.dbNavigation = "top"
    Invdb.dbGridDisplayFlds="Suggest_Title,Suggest_Dat e,Suggest_EID,Status"
    Invdb.dbFormDisplayFlds="-1"
    Invdb.dbFilterHideFlds="Suggest_RID,Suggest_Soluti on,Suggest_Info,Suggest_Imp,Resources,Response,Sug gest_Date,Date_Complete"

Invdb.dbButtonsOnOff="FilterDropOff"

FDF = ""
    FDF = FDF & "Status,,,,Select Distinct Status from Suggestions WHERE Status <> 'xxx' ;"
    FDF = FDF & "Suggest_EID,,,,Select Distinct Suggest_EID from Suggestions WHERE Suggest_EID <> 'xxx' ;"
    FDF = FDF & "Suggest_Title,,,,Select Distinct Suggest_Title from Suggestions WHERE Suggest_Title <> 'xxx' ;"

FDF = FDF & "Pers_Assn,,,,Select Distinct Pers_Assn from Suggestions WHERE Pers_Assn <> 'xxx' ;"

Invdb.dbFilterDropFlds = FDF

Thanks in advance for your help!

Again, illustrtae the problem with NWIND.

FK