Thread: DTS Scheduling

Question DTS Scheduling

How can I find out what schedules, if any, exist for a DTS package if the schedule was created using the schedule facility from DTS packages rather than execing it from a standard SQL Server Agent job?

When you schedule a DTS package, it calls DTSRun utility to execute the package. You can find all scheduled packages by running

select * from sysjobsteps where command like 'dts%'

Thanks for this but what I should have asked is once I have established which job steps run dts packages how can I tell which packages are actually being executed in the job step. I can't see any correlation between any of the columns in sysjobsteps and those in sysdtspackages

select A.name as JobName ,B.Step_name as StepName, B.COmmand from sysjobs A
    right outer join sysjobsteps B on A.job_id = B.Job_id
    where B.command like 'dts%'

If you schedule the DTS package by right clicking and selecting schedule package, sql server uses

DTSRun /~ xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

where xxxxxxxx is encrypted package guid. You can also use DTSRun to run a package by name rather than GUID. If you follow this practice then you can get the package name from sysjobstep.

Thanks for the replies.
    So does this mean that if I right click and use the schedule option I will not be able to tie the jobstep and the DTS package together using the base tables.